Friday, January 25, 2008

(Trans) LSG & KTH on friendship with YJ







original in korean: Lady Kyung Hyang 2008/01/15

translated into japanese: online translator

translated into english: a sweet sister / bb's blog



Lee Sa Gang and Kim Tae Hwan Talk About Their Special Bond with BYJ



Film director, Lee Sagang was once the former girlfriend of BYJ, but now her relationship with him is that of a very good friend. Photographer Kim Tae Hwan has portrayed BYJ as the subject through his movies while creating a special bond with him. These two individuals recently held a photo exhibit. We asked these individuals who are known for their intimate ties to top star, BYJ, for their behind-the-scenes stories.

BYJ, Lee Sagang, and Kim Tae HwanShare an “Old Friendship”

Lee Sagang, known as BYJ’s former lover, paid her first tax return as a Korean film director. She screened a self-produced video at photographer, Kim Tae Hwan’s photo exhibit held last December 15-23 at the Welcomm Gallery in Seoul. On this day, director Lee Sagang said, “Due to the kindness of photographer, Kim Tae Hwan, I prepared a video for this photo exhibit,” and added, “When I was living overseas, I would occasionally participate in such video exhibits, but since this is my first time to exhibit in Korea, I am very happy” as she revealed her thoughts.

The photo exhibit will feature still (movie) photos Kim Tae Hwan has taken of BYJ, Jeon Ji Hyun, Jang Dong Gun, Park Shin Yang, Lee Mi Sook, Yoon Tae Young along with other personal photos.

Both Kim Tae Hwan and director Lee Sagang said that they have remained connected as friends for six years now. Kim Tae Hwan said, “I first met Lee Sagang when she graduated from Chung-Ang University (2002) and she asked me to photograph the still photos for her graduation project, and we really hit it off. Since that time, we’ve developed a treasured friendship,” he said revealing the special bond they share.

Also, Kim Tae Hwan revealed how he first met BYJ in 2003 through the movie Untold Scandal and after forming a special bond with him, BYJ has continued to be his intimate friend.

Since director Lee Sagang was for a brief time BYJ’s girlfriend, Kim Tae Hwan revealed, “She is still good friends with BYJ and because both of them are close to Kim Tae Hwan, they see each other often.”

BYJ officially supported Kim Tae Hwan’s photo exhibit and in doing so, confirmed that the friendship among these three individuals was not something ordinary.

Because of BYJ’s endorsement, on this day hopes ran high that “perhaps BYJ might attend” so that not only domestic reporters jammed the gallery but also a number of foreigners also showed up. But BYJ did not make an appearance.

Director Lee Sagang revealed with regard to this, “BYJ was originally scheduled to attend but because his leg is in a cast, it is inconvenient for him to get around and he is unable to attend because of the commotion he would cause.”



“I couldn’t stop the huge falloutresulting from the photo of the hospital visit of BYJ"



Recently, director Lee Sagang became the topic of interest when she posted a photo on her own web page of her visiting BYJ in the hospital. She explained it this way saying, “Since he is a very good friend it was natural that I took a photo of him, but I didn’t think that the fallout would be this great,” showing a troubled expression.





“It’s true that I went to visit him in the hospital. While I took his photo, I said to him, ‘I plan to post this on my web page.’” I did not see anything wrong with it since we are friends, but I did not think that people would think it was weird. As a result of the fallout, I immediately deleted the photo from my web page.”



BYJ suffered serious injuries while filming the drama TWSSG and upon completion of filming is receiving treatment while being hospitalized. When asked about BYJ’s condition after visiting him in the hospital, Lee Sagang said, “Since he was injured in so many places, it all looked so very painful” with “surgery to be scheduled several weeks later and physical therapy to take place first” she said.

At the end of the interview, director Lee Sagang said, “BYJ is a good friend and I am grateful for his assistance in putting the exhibit together, but the most important thing is that my really close friend Kim Tae Hwan’s photo exhibit end in success. I can understand people showing an interest in BYJ, but I think that it would be better if people would stop connecting me with BYJ” as she expressed her feelings.

No comments: