Saturday, September 20, 2008

YJ’s essay about Hajodae.

Shared by Gaulsan/Quilt

Gaulyoja has posted YJ’s essay on KOB. She didn’t write the exact date or the media, but it is likely that it was written near YJ’s debut. - gaulsan


Hajodae.

I’ve traveled almost every part of Kangwon-do, but the place that comes up in my mind first is Hajodae, the pIace that I’ve stayed for about 3 months, two years ago.

Its magnificent nature is well preserved, and there is very few people because that area is preserved as a resort for military personnel.

On a stormy day, I stood near the cliff of Hajodae, which was echoing the roll of thunder. The scene of the waves shattering into white foam was so magnificent that I think the memory of the scene will last till the end of my life.

I often speared fishes, and there was a funny episode with a fish named “Goonsoo”. The old fishers of the village told me that boiled ‘Goonso’ – a kind of sea mollusk whose size is about one feet - has a special taste. Hearing their advice, I became curious how it would taste, so I caught four large Goonsos and put it in a large pot and boiled it. When the water began to boil, I opened the lid of the pot, and Oh my God! I was confused. Those Goonsos were shrunken into the size of a finger! Anyway, whenever I think of Goonso, I still laugh.

I recently visited that place with Kwon Oh Joong, who became friends while shooting ‘Love Greeting’. That pIace gives me new impressions each time I visit there. Hajodae was the place that I ended the wandering of my youth, and was the place that I made a new start. Therefore it has a special meaning to me and my life.

Bae Yong Joon

No comments: