Sunday, September 7, 2008

(Japan Trip 3) Dining at Gosireh Tokyo

Finishing the Parkbof trip, we headed to Gosireh.

It's nearby the Parkbof. only 5 mins distance.

The building of Gosireh, located in the alleyway, glows as the lights behind it espcially during the night time. That's why I can see it from a distance.







It is raining, so the pictures look blur.......




After taking some pictures in front of it, me and my hubby stepped in.


The staff are all in the Hanbok, the glassy yellow dress and white apron.


I told them that I had an reservation and seems that they were waiting for me already cuz they said:

" ha, you are lynn, right? the one who made three calls from the states."


"Yes, it's me. nice to see you."


Yes, I did make three calls from San Francisco to make the reservation. First two of them got hang up. And it took twists and turns for me to manage to make the reservation. A LONG STORY!

I was in the lobby, the place where YJ stood when he visited Gosireh for the first time.


And the stairs towards the second floor, I remember those stairs where he walked down to the lobby. So I stood in the same place as wuri YJ did.







And remember wuri YJ has once checked those hollow-cutting ceilings. Guess he must have used a ladder to reach them, coz I've tried to reach them as well, but way too high......



The waitress told me that she was the only one who can speak English that night and she led us to a compartment on the second floor.


We were served citron tea at first and after a while the waitress showed up again.




She let us move all the stuff from the table. Puzzled! why we need to do this??
My misgivings disappeared immediately.

The window at the inner side of the table which I thought was only a decoration was opened. Four people carried a black board with full of dishes and slided the board to our table. The whole process was finished within few seconds.

The borders of the rectangled table are lower than the central part which matchs the board as a slide rail.



WOW, It is the unique way for them to serve the dishes. Just within few seconds, our table is full of food. AMAZING!! The deviser is really a genius!


The food are insipidity and delicate and served in an elegant way by the waitress.

Even though she told me the names of the foods, but still I can not remember, here they are!













feel like a bunny when I take this course












The whole room has two tables which were divided by a bamboo shade in the middle. It's really quiet. Only me and my hubby were in that room.

Despite of the delicious food, quiet and graceful environment, the speed for them to serve food is relatively slow. Really Slow. The interval between the courses are really long.

Both me and my hubby were really tired and felt drowsy.

The whole course were served more than 2 hours!

my hubby felt drowsy and lean on the window.......





Finally, came the desert:

1. Five spice tea. Heard that it is YJ's fav. The tea contains five difference spices: Sour, Sweet, Bitter, Spicy and Salty.

I took one sip of it. The first taste I got is sour,then sweet and bitter. The spice of Salty is all along with the other spices for me and I didn't feel the spicy.




2. 3-colored mochi. It is yummy!!




A really nice dining place. High-class, elegant, nice staff! The staff kept bowing to you and I have to bow back which really hurt my back, hehe.

But I do have one concern about Gosireh, I hope their staff can improve their English. Since there will be a lot of fans coming from overseas.

(To be continued.....)

9 comments:

bbmag said...

hey lynn, thanks for sharing :)

and... you're one young and pretty lass!

and oh, you got an english-speaking serving staff! the three times i was there, i was with people who could speak japanese, so i didn't even bother finding out if any of the staff could speak english! haha, maybe i should call up the restaurant to make my own reservations next time. then they would probably take note to schedule an english-speaking staff during my dinner reservation :)

looking forward to your next instalment :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, found ya!!! Hope you're having fun on your bae journey!!

I'm so jealous. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn

I've been following your Japan trip since day 1. I enjoy reading such detailed accounts. Looking forward to more.

CLA

Lynn said...

hi bb,

Thanks for dropping by. Actually I am too slow and too lazy to update it. It's been 3 months already!

Have a nice trip and take good care!

Lynn said...

Hi Tamar,

glad to see you here. don't be jealous, we may go there together next time.

Like what Shrimpy said, we may go not only Japan but also Korea together. Plan for it.

And also, looking forward to another gathering for Bay Area Baesis. you should come this time!

Lynn said...

Hi CLA,

Thank you for reading my story, and sorry for keeping you guys waiting. I am really too slow.....

xiaoyi said...

Hi lynn,

Thanks for sharing!! ^^

Dropping by to say hi *waving*..ha ha!

Loves, xiaoyi

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lynn for sharing...been reading all your stories so far. Like Tamar, I feel jealous! Yep, I say we go to Japan and S Korea together and do a Bae journey on our own, ya? :)

Hope to have another Bay Area Baesis gathering soon.

Shrimpy :P

Lynn said...

Thank you Xiaoyi and Shrimpy!!

Thank you for dropping by!