Saturday, September 26, 2009

[BYJ Q&A] BYJ, "I want to be a farmer in the future"

[Maeil Business]9/22/09 15:21:27

Korean to English by Joanne/quilt
English to Chinese by Lynn




BYJ, having been treated in a hospital recently for the diagnosis of sepsis, attended in healthy appearance the press conference on publication of the 'Travel left to explore the beauty of Korea', that was held at the main auditorium at the National Centeral Museum in Yongsan in the afternoon on the 22nd, and revealed the reason for writing the book, & course and his opinion, etc.

On that day, around the press conference venud, fans flocked from in and out of Korea shouted "We love you, BYJ", as expected for outing of the top star, and as over 400 domestic and foreign reporting crew from over 300 media flocked in, reflecting hot interests.

BYJ,appearing after trimming hair style with tails and wearing black suits, introduced, "It is not a professional liberal art book. This is the book I put the materials that I personally experienced in our traditional culture as I moved around various regions in entire nation."

Following that, he invited 11 representative master artisans, who provided help to write the book and told behind stories as he introduced them one by one, saying, "I feel honored as I could have been with those people who are here, and as I can introduced them in this occasion."

Also, he gave (them) greetings of appreciation, saying "I thank them as they made me realized what is more important than money and reputation. I learned from these teachers heart to put in sincere heart."

In particular, he told, "If I would like to add one more in my occupation column, I like to add the 'farmer',", saying "I want to be a farmer. I want to step on ground, and to touch soil. Planting something and making it to produce fruits seems like a tremendously happy thing."

'Travel left to explore the beauty of Korea-BYJ' contains over 200 photos that BYJ personally experienced Korean tradition (from) 11 representative master artisans in various fields in Korea & 13 contents related to the traditional culture, to various regions of Korea.

This book, following pre-sale at 800 million won in Japan, is running at the top of reservation sale in Korea also, showing off BYJ's star power.

BYJ will plan to hold a commemorative meeting for publication along with Korea's master artisans in various fields, who were introduced in the book first in Korea to commemorate the publication of the book in both nations of Korea and Japan. In particular, he plans a large scale commemorative event for the publication together with 50,000 fans in the Tokyo Dome in Japan on the September 30.





How is your health at present.

I am sorry to make you worry. I gained much strength after meeting teachers. I am recovering well.

▶ What is the momentum to write the book and how you feel (about the book)?

The momenta to wirte the book are so many. There was a shameful event when I could not answer properly when asked to introduce famous tourist sites iin Korea at a press conference in Japan. Also, I planned (the book) from a though to introduce good tourist spots in Korea after watching that Japanese fans returned to Japan after having the events, and the reason why the book concept became cultural travel book or book about experience is because I thought that the places that one might pass by without paying much attention would be meaningful if there is prior understanding of culture, feeling, and people of Korea, before introducing famous spots and restaurant with tasteful foods.

▶ Did you really write the book by your self from the beginning to tge end.

Asking Ryu Sihyeon, master of ceremony, (Have you read book? How was it?) I wrote it personally.

▶ What are the selection criteria on the contents that are introduced in the book, and how much are you satisfied.

Fields that I was curious about and fileds that I liked. Several of them were from recommendations. None of them was produced unreasonably but they were naturally accomplished as if riding on a flow. The process of meeting one person after another by reading books, reading newspaper, and by introduction from someone, was the very destiny (karma) in my thought. It is difficult to be satisfied, isn't it. Because it is always wanting, I can be satisfied in next project. It was difficult to keep cut-off time for the manuscript. (Laugh)I was able to write when (the cut off time was) just around the corner… (Laugh) I know that staff who worked on the finishing job suffered a lot. I would like to give them a word of apology taking this occasion.

▶ Do you have any planning idea about next book also.

I feel that present is the point of time to agonize over the next work as an actor rather than a book. Because absent period was too long, my heart feels sorry to Family. I feel that there is mysterious attraction that working on a book gives (to me). If I happened to write a book again in next time, introducing famous places and restaurants with delicious food … I would like to make book mainly with photos containing a little amount of writing.

▶ Where was the most memorable tourist place.

Oh my, it is a difficult question. The ruins of Hwangryong Temple seems to linger in my memory the most. Although it is the place whre there is nothing at all at present, it was place where my heart became heavy and place that made me think many thoughts. It is the place that I thought 'There seems to be something I had seen', 'I have to see something visiting there again', when I thought after I came home.

▶ Among your experiences in traditional culture, what is the occupation you thought that you would do it for the longest period of time.

For me, farming. I want to be a farmer.

▶ What is the reason for it? You know how to do farming, don't you?

I want to step on ground. I want to touch soil. Planting something and making it to bear fruits seems like a tremendously happy thing." If I would like to add one more in my occupation column, I like to add the 'farmer'. I wonder if the topic of today's article would be 'Becoming a farmer', It is not, is it? (laugh) I will never become a singer. When I become a farmer later on, I will sing for you. If there is not the name of actor BYJ, I think that name of writer BYJ also would not have happened.


Reported by Jin Hyanghee,happy@mk.co.kr/Photo by Kang YoungkookCopyright ⓒ Maeil Business, Star Today, mk.co.kr.http://news.mk.co.kr/outside/view.php?year=2009&no=496576



因为被诊断患有初期败血症而入院治疗的裴勇俊,今天(9月22日)带着不错的精神状态参加其旅游书《追寻韩国之美的旅程》的出版发布会。出版发布会在国立中央博物馆进行。发布会上,裴勇俊向大众披露了他写书的原因以及他个人的看法等等。


发布会当天,在中央博物馆的周围,聚集了许多来自韩国国内外的影迷们,高呼“裴勇俊,我们爱你。”本次发布会因为有著名演员裴勇俊的出席,同时还有国内外的300家媒体共400多名新闻工作者的参与,所以额外引人注目。

裴勇俊穿着黑色的西服,以较短头发的形象出现在大众面前。他向大家介绍:“这本书并不是专业的文化艺术类的书籍,而是我在踏遍自己的国土的行程中所收集到的关于我们传统文化的一些讯息,这些都是我的亲身经历。”

在这之后,他邀请了11位具有代表性的艺术巨匠,同时也是为他这本书籍提供资料和帮助的人上台与大众见面。裴勇俊逐一向大家介绍这些工匠:“我感到非常荣幸能够曾经和这些巨匠们在一起。同时在今天这种场合下向诸位介绍他们。”

裴勇俊同时向这些工匠们表达了他由衷的谢意:“非常感谢,是他们让我意识到了比金钱和名誉更加重要的东西,从他们的内心里我感到了真诚的心灵。”

裴勇俊尤其强调地说道:“如果要在我的职业栏里再加上一项职业的话,那么我想成为一名农夫。我想成为农夫,我想站在这块土地上去触摸那些土壤,种植果实,这应该是非常高兴的事情。”

《追寻韩国之美的旅程》里面包含着200多张图片。这些图片采集自裴勇俊其亲身的经历。他和11名在韩国传统文化不同领域中出类拔萃的工匠亲自交流和学习。该书也包含着韩国不同地方的传统文化领域总共13章。这本书在日本预售期间达到了8亿韩元的售额(约80万美元),同时在韩国它成为了最热门的预定书籍。这些显示了裴勇俊的魅力。

裴勇俊计划该书在日本和韩国发行的时候,和那些来自不同领域的文化工匠们举办一个发布会,这些工匠们在韩国是首次被介绍的。与此同时在9月30日,他将在东京巨蛋同5万名影迷进行该书的出版发行见面会。


以下是9月 22日发布会的部分问答:

1.记者:“您目前的身体状况如何?”

勇俊:“让大家担心了,不好意思。看到这些巨匠们,前辈们,我感到精神倍增,身体恢复得还不错。”

2.记者:“您出书是出于一种怎样的想法,您对这本书的看法有哪些?”

勇俊:“出书的动机和想法有很多。其中一个原因就是,有一次在日本一个记者会上,有人让我介绍一下韩国的旅游景点,而我不能够很好地回答,当时我感到非常的窘迫。同时我也想向影迷们介绍韩国的一些观光点。这本书的主旨成为文化之行或者说成为了游记的原因在于,该书收录的有些地方,一般的旅行者很容易去忽视, 但是只要你事先对这些地方的风土,文化,人文有所了解的话,你会发现,这些地方其实也是非常引人入胜的。这要比介绍一些大家都知道的旅游景点或者著名的餐 馆等要有意义得多。

3.记者:这本书从头到尾都是您自己写的吗?

勇俊:(反问发布会的主持人)“你看了我的书了吗?感觉如何?”(答记者)“是我自己写的”。

4.记者:对该书收录内容,您有何标准,您对该书所收集到的内容满意吗?勇俊:收集了一些我所感兴趣的和我所喜欢的一些地方和内容。有些东西是通过别人的推荐和介绍的。书中所收集的所有内容都不是没有原因的胡乱收录,而是在旅程 中自然而然进入的。通过读书,读报,别人的介绍而遇见了一个又一个的人,这些对我而言就像是命运安排的一样。要说满意与否,非常难说,不是吗?因为人总是 不断地想要更好的东西。我会想或许下一个内容会让我满意。对我而言,我很难把握编写的进程(笑),当交稿的日期快到的时候,我才会有灵感去写,总是临时抱 佛脚。。(笑),所以我知道那些进行收尾工作的人一定为了我吃了不少苦,在此我要对他们表示歉意。

5.记者:有没有计划下一本书?

勇俊:在目前阶段,我觉得我下一步应该是回到演员这个角色中,而不是写书。因为从上一部作品到现在,我离开观众的视线太久了,我觉得非常对不起影迷们。对于写作,我感到有一种非常微妙的吸引力。如果下次再出书的话,出一些介绍著名景点和美食方面的话,那么我会主要把许多照片收录在那本书里,少一些文字方面的内容。

6.记者∶在整个旅程中,您最难忘的是哪个地方?

勇俊:老天,这个问题比较难回答。我想是 “黄龙寺”遗址让我难以忘怀。尽管现在那里一无所有,但是那是一块让我的心感到沉重,让我产生很多思绪的地方。从那里回来之后,我一直在想:“那地方对我而言有些似曾相识,我似乎看见过,我以后要再去拜访。。。”

7.记者:在传统文化之行中,你觉得哪种职业你会想要一直做下去的?

勇俊:农夫,种田,我想要成为农夫。

8.记者:为何有这种想法?

勇俊:种田怎样种,大家应该知道吧。 我想要踏在土地上,感触那土壤,种植,丰收果实,这些是非常让人开心的事情。如果要再加一个我所想要从事的职业的话, 那么就是农夫。我想今天这个发布会的主题应该不是“变成一个农夫”吧。(哈哈)。我绝对成为不了一个歌星。如果有朝一日我成为农夫的话,我会为你唱歌的。 如果没有演员裴勇俊的话,那么世上也不会有一个作家裴勇俊的。(也不能成为作家)。

Reported by Jin Hyanghee,happy@mk.co.kr/Photo by Kang YoungkookCopyright ⓒ Maeil Business, Star Today, mk.co.kr.http://news.mk.co.kr/outside/view.php?year=2009&no=496576

No comments: